The Legal Stuff
Of course, no non-profit organization gets along without its lawyers. Thanks to the litigation-happy society that we live in, our lawyers have insisted that we post the following statements:
The Veterans Drop-In Center is formally known as “The Veterans Drop-In Center”. Internally and in documentation, the organization may choose to use “We”, “Us”, “Our”, “VDIC”, “Drop-In Center”, “Veterans Center” or “The Center” for purposes of convenience and / or brevity.
This website and its original content are copyright © 2015 Veterans’ Drop-In Center. All rights reserved. Third party copyrights – such as those used in some applications, data, graphics, and hyperlinks on this site – are the property of their respective owners and are used with permission. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print, or download to a local hard disk, extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content, nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- This website also includes links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s) in any way. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the State of Illinois and the federal laws of the United States of America.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by the Veterans’ Drop-In Center, and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the Veterans’ Drop-In Center. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Veterans’ Drop-In Center takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
The Veterans’ Drop-In Center is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If you complete and submit the electronic form located on the “Contact Us” page, we will collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your basic contact information (telephone number and email address)
- The text of your message to us
This information will be used for the sole purpose of contacting you and will be stored in our files. The Veterans’ Drop-In Center will not sell, lease, or disclose personal information for any reason, except as required by federal law.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.